Translate

Sunday, August 1, 2010

His eye is on the sparrow



This has been a peaceful and relaxing Sunday afternoon. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time of solitude. The evening is winding down and I am becoming aware of little worries trying to creep into my mind and steel my joy and peace. I resolved that there will not be any cracks in my thinking to allow worry or doubt a place to rest. All we can do is set our eyes on the prize. Doing our best to accomplish the things that we can and not worry about the things that we can not do.

Scripture tells us that worry does not add anything to our life. We all know that worry can take many things away from us, and even has the power to add things that we do not want. Worry distracts from our time and engages our emotions. Leaving us drained and depressed. Worry also adds stress to our lives which aids in illness. Worry can even give us those dreaded wrinkles. In short...worry has a whole lot of baggage. So since it carries so much baggage...I'm insisting that it take a staycation...far away from me. lol Since it is going to a land far, far away...I insist that doubt go right along with it. They do enjoy each others company so much.

I'm going to rest in knowing that God's eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches over me. "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." (Mat 10:29-31)

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this blog. The outline is perfect . your wording is powerful . I myself have problems with the worrying and doubt . The devil is always knocking at my door ,, sometimes it is already open and im praying that my dead bolts with forever stay locked to keep him out of my home and away from me and my family . I love the thoughtfulness in ur blog. It is really joyful. I love how you love the Lord and give him all the praises. Tammy we have been forever friends and I pray we grow old together even if it is online talking or sharing joys and sorrow online . I'll not let the devil take my family and friends away from me again . I pray for you and Keith and Im so proud of what he is doing for the Lord. Everything ya'll do will be blessed from the starting point until way after the end . Your art is wonderful!!!! I love you girl God bless !With my love Mary Bates Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for those words of encouragement Mary. Thank u for checking out my blog. It means a lot to have special friends like you in my life. God bless u.
    Love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed my blog. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from my guests.