Translate

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Quilts and ABC's

Today I was out and about. I had to make a trip to Hobby Lobby (love that place) to pick up art supplies. While I was there and strolling around the store, I was smitten by the cutest, coziest little chair. It was calling my name. The deterrent for me was the price tag. Thankfully, I have a very cute, cozy, and very comfy old chair that was given to me by my parents. I love this old thing. Right now it sits in my living room with an over-sized, unattractive chair cover on it. I really want to turn this old chair into a warm beam of sunshine. I can not part with it...so clearly it has to change with the times.

I love the quilted look! It reminds me of snugly naps under my Granny's tender care. What a wonderful world, :) buried under heavy cool blankets. Not only was I wrapped in love, I was covered with the most cozy, comforting blankets that were magically filled with cool air, even in the summer time. You may know what I'm talking about, if a place got warm, you could move and it would be like an air conditioner was on under the covers. :) I would snuggle down under those handmade quilts and sleep in peace. I took great naps at my Granny's house and it marked me for life. At the time I had no idea the impact that those colorful inviting quilts would make on me. I think now, I can partially link my love for color to those cool inviting quilts of my childhood.


Well, here she is! Isn't she lovey!  Now to tackle trying to make a patch work chair cover something like this. I may need my Mom for this huge undertaking. She has great sewing skills. I am really busy right now...maybe this fall I can tackle this project.

 While I was getting lost in all of the eye-candy in the store...I happened upon this lovely ABC beauty. Which totally reminded me of my son's obsession with the alphabet.


Now, I am wanting to turn a very old antique dresser that I own into something like this. Of course, it will have to match my newly covered patchwork chair. I will have to revisit this post in the future with my knock-off version of my finds. Stick with me on my journey and have a blessed evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from my guests.