Translate

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Leisure

                                                  Cherry Tree close to my home.

What a beautiful Spring day! I took a walk with my little guy this morning and enjoyed the cool breeze and budding flowers. The gorgeous blooms of the Cherry Blossom Tree have given way to full green foliage. It was nice to be out and about. When we take walks, I always pick flowers (wild ones only, mostly weeds) for my son to examine while he is strolling along. Today, I found some wild Wisteria growing close to the ground. It is such a pretty plant...but fades rather quickly. It was a nice walk.

On our return home my little 2 1/2 year old wanted to play outside. He enjoys the slide on his swing-set and we had a wonderful time, until a swarm of gnats interrupted our play time and made it necessary to retreat indoors.

                                           My little guy. This pic was taken at a local park recently.

I topped off the morning with some yummy pancakes with strawberries. mmmmm soooo good! I know this totally defeated the purpose of my walk...but it was worth it. Especially having my family around the table with me and  my son enjoying his lunch so much, that when he finished his, he wanted mine too.
Now I am listening to my sweet little guy talk and jabber before he falls asleep for his nap. What a blessing  he is. He brings so much joy into our lives each day. It was good to slow down and have a leisurely morning. I hope to make some more changes to my blog today and add to a painting I am working on. Wish me luck. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from my guests.