Translate

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Getting Into The Creative Zone


This morning I have been having fun with my little niece. You may have a little one around just like her...a four year old bundle of energy...always asking what can we do next. Never a dull moment in our home. We have been sing-spelling her name today and she is catching on quick. She is such a creative soul, always wanting to paint, draw, color and write. Sometimes it's hard for me to put the brakes on long enough to get the paints out and let her imagination take flight. I have been thinking about turning my kitchen window desk into a creative station for her and today is the day! She has no idea what is about to unfold...a place just for her creative little hands. I can't wait to see the look of excitement when she realizes all the colorful pencils, crayons, markers, paper, scissors and glue are just for her to use whenever her heart desires! You did notice I didn't say... paint...I'm not crazy...a four year old with access to bottles of paint. I'm sure you get the picture. Maybe, I'll give her a tray of water colors. Oh' the works of art she will create. Well, I'm off to put together this "Imagination Station". I can't wait to see her get into her creative zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from my guests.