Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Letting the Son Shine


I have just finished a painting that was stirring in my heart. This is the painting I was talking about in the last post. It's titled "Heart Dreams." I have been holding things in my heart and wanting so desperately to let them out...but couldn't find the time to free my self enough to let my dreams pour through me and let what may come...come. I guess the painting is an expression of letting your heart dreams out. You know what I mean...anything you think on, dream about, imagine your self doing. We all have them. Collecting dust on the shelf's of our heart. Well, one of the reasons I started this blog is to give myself permission to do the things that God has placed within my heart to do and to share them with wonderful people like you.
It has been raining for a few days here where I live and I have enjoyed the solitude. I was thankful to get little glimpses of sunshine encouraging me to go on and finish my painting. Once I got started it was hard to stop...I feel so much peace when I'm painting or creating something. You may know just what I mean. If there is something stored up in your heart to do...take it off your heart shelf...dust it off... and give your self permission...go and do it! Even though I prefer to paint on sunny days, I'm not going to be deterred. No matter what the weather is where I live...I'm going to give honor to my creator and I'm going to do the things that are in my heart and let the Son shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from my guests.