Translate

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Seize The Day


Well, the sun is shining and it is going to be a beautiful day! I started my painting yesterday and I hope to get in the flow again today.
This morning my heart is toward my Lord and this fleeting life that we have all been given a chance to experience. I found out last night that a dear friend of ours passed away yesterday. He spent the last months of his life in a nursing home and we and some friends, just last week, talked about setting up a time to go see him and pray for him. Now that moment has passed. Hearing of his untimely death, has just enforced in me, that I should not put things off until another day. Which I have had a habit of doing. This life has been given to live second by second, moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day. This life is a precious gift of God. As I walk through the journey of my life I hope my ear will be tuned to the small tuggings, whisperings and urgings speaking to my heart. I will listen closely for the gentle voice of my Lord encouraging me...to seize the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from my guests.